This is a guest post by Josh Griffin. He is the High School Pastor at Saddleback Church and blogs at www.morethandodgeball.com
The Best Kept Secret in Your Church
- What is the most visible print piece our church does?
- Can you find us incredibly easy on the website? On the church app?
- Should we create a basic 1st timers/visitors pamphlet?
- Where are the highly trafficked hallways where we could place materials?
- Is there a place for us to be featured in the new members class?
- Are we represented in the church annual report?
- How can we increase word of mouth with parents and families that have had a great experience with our ministry?
- Would a “welcome lunch” or “orientation meeting” help in some way?
- Is the right contact information listed? When people DO find us is it in a format we will actually follow-up on?
- Is there a chance we could host a service every quarter?
- Is there a way for us to be better integrated on stage?
- Could a representative of our ministry do the welcome/bible reading/announcements?
- Do we have a champion on the elder board / leadership?